A Mommy Makeover is a customized surgery that targets the breasts and belly, the areas most commonly affected by pregnancy. Whether you are looking to restore volume, reverse laxity, or achieve a tighter contour, there is a set of procedures that can be perfectly tailored to your needs. Breast and body specialists Dr. Robert I. Oliver, Jr. and Dr. Jason M. Jack can help you reverse the impact on your body after having a child while maintaining a natural appearance. Along with our friendly staff, our plastic surgeons will offer you attentive and personalized care from your initial consultation to your postoperative visit and beyond.
Is a Mommy Makeover Right for Me?
Your Mommy Makeover Procedure
- Breast augmentation is considered if you have lost volume in your breasts or are otherwise unhappy with their smaller size.
- Implants are placed into the breast pocket to give your breasts the size increase you desire.
- All implant choices are tailored to your body and aesthetic goals.
- You will work closely with your breast surgeon to design your breast augmentation; this way, your results will appear natural and complement your physique.
- We only choose appropriately sized implants to give you the subtle or dramatic volume increase you desire.
- Breast lifts are designed to treat laxity or sagging that causes your breasts to appear shapeless.
- A lift can be performed on its own or in combination with implants to ensure the quality, long-lasting results you want.
- The degree of your sagging will determine which breast lift technique is best suited to meet your aesthetic goals.
- During a breast lift, the tissue is elevated and supported with internal sutures.
- There is some visible scarring associated with breast lift surgery, but most women feel it’s worth the enhancement of their breasts; additionally, scars are likely to fade over time.
- Tummy tuck surgery targets laxity of both the skin and muscles in the abdominal area.
- When the fibers that connect your abdominal muscles become weak, you can develop a visible belly pooch, and this cannot be reversed through exercise alone.
- Excess skin, as well as stretch marks, may also develop due to pregnancy.
- Traditional or mini tummy tuck techniques are available to tighten the abdominal muscles and remove excess skin.
- Incisions are placed lower in the abdominal area, which can easily be concealed with clothing, bathing suits, and underwear.
- Removing excess skin can provide some improvement to the appearance of stretch marks.
- Liposuction is often performed in combination with a tummy tuck to achieve the abdominal shape and definition you want.
- However, the use of liposuction isn’t limited to the abdominal area. Contouring the hips, thighs, arms, back, and chin can all help you achieve the best overall body shape possible.
- During the liposuction process, discreetly placed incisions are used, which leave little visible scarring.
- Liposuction removes excess deposits of fat while also sculpting and refining problem areas of the body.
Before & After
What should I expect during my recovery after a Mommy Makeover?
You will experience bruising and swelling of the treatment areas, and you will require assistance for the first 24 to 48 hours. Compression garments and special support bras are worn throughout the recovery process. Although some discomfort may exist, it can be controlled with prescribed pain medication. Most patients can resume normal activities after two weeks, but you should avoid strenuous activities and exercise for at least six weeks.
Who is a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
The best candidates for surgery are women in good health and who are close to their ideal weight. You should be finished having kids and be able to maintain a stable weight. None of the Mommy Makeover procedures are designed to aid in weight loss.
What results can I expect?
Most women are very satisfied with their Mommy Makeover transformation. You should have more attractive and youthful body contours. While scarring may develop, it is easily hidden with clothing, and scars fade over time.
How long will my results last?
Although your body will continue to age naturally, results are long lasting and can be maintained with a healthy diet and exercise regimen.